Saturday, November 3, 2012

Nutella Banana Stuffed French Toast

My husband Phil is a firefighter and works 24 hour shifts, so on the weekends when he gets off shift I like to make breakfast. I am always looking for new breakfast ideas in my cookbooks and magazines. I found this recipe for Nutella Banana Stuffed French Toast in The Picky Palate Cookbook by Jenny Flake that I just got recently. I recommend this book, if you are a cookbook fan like me, there is a lot of simple but not everyday recipes in it. This is the second recipe that I have made from it already and they both have been great.  Phil loves nutella, as do I recently so I figured this recipe would be a big hit with him. He came home from work and said "why is there nutella and bread on the counter?" I told him what I was making and he said "WOOAAHHH!" He was super excited about it. And for good reason because it was awesome! I definitely used more nutella then was called for in the recipe. The recipe called for a tablespoon per sandwich and I probably but 1 tablespoon and a half to 2 tablespoons per sandwich. Nutella has been is so many recipes that I have been seeing recently. I love it!

Nutella Banana Stuffed French Toast
Picky Palate Cookbook, By Jenny Flake

4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
6 slices bread
3-6 tablespoons nutella
2 medium bananas, sliced 1/8 inch thick
Powdered sugar

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Add eggs, milk, brown sugar and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk together to combine. Dip the bread in the egg mixture on both sides.

Add bread to skillet and cook about 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat.

Once bread is browned spread 1/2 -1 tablespoon of nutella on each bread slice. Top 3 of the bread slices with the sliced bananas. Top the bread slices that have bananas with the remaining bread slices.

Top with maple syrup and confectioners sugar if desired.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on: Foodie Friends Friday,  Foodie Friday, Full Plate ThursdayLink it up ThursdayCreative ThursdayFantastic Thursday,Show and Tell SaturdayStrut Your Stuff SaturdayFoodie FridayKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsWeekend PotluckWicked Good Wednesday


4 comments:

  1. I am always looking for new breakfast ideas. This sounds pretty good! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. My daughter would love it as she loves nutella! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a delicious looking breakfast (or dinner in my house). Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me
    out a lot. I hope to present something again and aid others like you aided me.



    Check out my weblog ... Email Console

    ReplyDelete